Egg Roll in a Bowl
Fat: 5.1 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Sodium: 682 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 3.6 grams
Sugar: 5.8 grams
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1.5 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1.5 sweet onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 bags coleslaw mix (16 oz bag)
- ¾ cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced onions, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook, stirring until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, coleslaw mix, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring for about 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.