Not only does this colorful salad look fresh and summery but the mix of sweet and tangy flavor will have you craving this throughout the summer season!
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup granulated sugar/sugar substitute
- 2 cups of rhubarb (diagonally sliced)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups of strawberries (quartered)
- ½ cup of toasted almonds (silvered)
- ¼ cup of small mint leaves
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the water and sugar until it boils and sugar dissolves (stirring constantly).
- Add rhubarb to the pan and cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, and cover until rhubarb is tender. Remove rhubarb and set aside the syrup for later
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of rhubarb syrup. Add rhubarb, strawberries, almonds, and mint. Stir gently to combine
- Serve at room temperature or chilled
Please follow and like us: