CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
Total Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Cholesterol: 105 milligrams
Sodium: 800 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 38 grams
Sugar: 1 gram
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME: 2 hours
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar
• 4 cups medium broccoli florets
• Cooking spray
• 3 cups frozen brown rice, thawed
• 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded (about 4 cups)
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Put the flour and broth into a large saucepan and whisk until the flour is dissolved.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Continue to whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
6. Add the cheddar cheese and whisk until melted. Add the broccoli florets and stir to coat.
7. Spray a 3-quart flameproof casserole dish with cooking spray.
8. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the broccoli-cheese sauce on top and mix well.
9. Spread the mixture in the casserole dish and top with the parmesan cheese.
10. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling hot, about 25 minutes.
11. Remove the foil and broil until the top is nicely browned, 2-5 minutes.
12. Serve hot.